VISA RENEWAL PROCESS (UAE)
There are certain types of visas which are renewable. If the expatriates want to increase their stay period in UAE after the expiration of their visa, they can renew their visa. If you are on employment visa, you need to renew labor card along with the visa.
Visa in passport and Emirates ID should be renewed within 30 days from the date of expiry where Labor card should be renewed within 30 days from the date of its expiry. But it is always advisable to renew before expiration date.
- Labor Card can be renewed, if its validity period is less than 60 days.
- Labor Card Renewal (Applicable for those who are on Employment visa): Without renewing the Labor card, it is not possible to renew the visa. It should be renewed at the Tasheel Center.
Required Documents for Labor Card Renewal:
1. Passport copy and Visa page.
2. Labor Card copy.
3. One color photograph with white background.
4. Labor Establishment Card Copy.
5. Trade License Copy of the company.
Steps to Renew the Labor card:
1. Visit to the nearest Tasheel Center along with the above mentioned documents.
2. Pay the fees for renewal.
3. For more information, please visit http://www.mol.gov.ae/
Required Documents for Visa Renewal:
1. Original Passport.
2. Medical Certificate.
3. One photograph with white background.
4. Labor Card renewal receipt.
5. Copy of Emirates ID renewal form.
6. Immigration Establishment Card copy.
7. Trade License copy of the Company.
Steps to Renew Visa:
1. Type via stamping application and the seal & signature of sponsor.
2. Attached the Labor Card renewal receipt.
3. Attach the Copy of Emirates ID renewal form.
4. Submit those at the immigration department along with original passport.
If you renew visa before expiry, the new visa will start from the date of submission. If you renew the visa after expiry of existing visa, the new visa will start from the date of expiry.
Smart Way to Renew:
Apart from the above steps, there is a smart way to renew or cancel an existing visa and save the time needed for visiting service centers. The General Directorate of Foreigners and Residents Affairs (GDFRA) Dubai has introduced the smart phone application through which UAE residents, nationals and companies can renew, cancel and apply for new visas without visiting the service center. Also, the smart phone application can be used for the transaction with the Ministry of Labor.